2005 YZF-R6 vs 2005 ZX-6R

JaSSon

It pretty much comes down to your taste. The 600cc bikes are so close these days that it all depends on what kind of feel you want.

Since they won't let you test ride them, you are pretty much limited to sitting on them. Unless you have friends with both bikes and they will let you compare.

I would go with the R6 if it was me. I have ridden about a dozen of them. Great bikes, good power(for a 6), comfortable, handles great, etc...the list goes on and on. Plus I have never had any problems with any of the R6's I have seen or ridden on and my R1 never gave me any problems.

If you are looking at the 636 it will be faster and have more power but they can't really be considered in the same leage IMO. But for the increased displacement it should. I have never really been a Kwak fan, might think about the ZX-10 but nothing else from the green team for me.

Other than overall feel it boils down to looks! If you want the undertail pipe, diff colors, etc...the ZX-6 mayb be what you want. Other than that they are damn close and you really can't go wrong with either.

Josh

http://www.amasuperbike.com/article.php?UID=6dCwXh484NUbJv1R4ob3YQVsH7hVzJ&sc=1132&aid=1044

Yep....that's why SUZUKI is dominating right now!

Where is Honda????

The only thing they are even close in is MotoGP and they are second behind what....YAMAHA!

http://www.motogp.com/en/motogp/results/results_2760.htm?event_id=2760&subevent_id=5019&result=35214

It's really pointless in comparison anyway because your bike is about as close to those as....your daily driver is to an F1 car.

Just curious but where did you get your results from????? Personal preference! graemlins/lol.gif

I like the R6 its very good with handling but I "think" also one of the highest dropped bikes..But I love Suzuki just not a huge fan of how the 04s and newer feel...I love my 03.. but thats just me.. I think its all what you feel more comfy on.. BTW MINES FOR SALE! BUY IT!

Originally posted by Got-Busa?:

http://www.amasuperbike.com/article.php?UID=6dCwXh484NUbJv1R4ob3YQVsH7hVzJ&sc=1132&aid=1044

Yep....that's why SUZUKI is dominating right now!

Where is Honda????

The only thing they are even close in is MotoGP and they are second behind what....YAMAHA!

http://www.motogp.com/en/motogp/results/results_2760.htm?event_id=2760&subevent_id=5019&result=35214

It's really pointless in comparison anyway because your bike is about as close to those as....your daily driver is to an F1 car.

Just curious but where did you get your results from????? Personal preference! graemlins/lol.gif

Put Mladin or Rossi on a bike that is only running on 1 cylinder and they would still sweep the pack. I think it boils down to talent for them, not so much the bike. ;)

Original question, R6 hands down. Then again I am biased.u

Originally posted by AmysBAD98GT:

I like the R6 its very good with handling but I "think" also one of the highest dropped bikes..

That doesn't have anything to do with the bike. That's more like newbies without enough skill trying shit they shouldn't. graemlins/doh.gif

i had an 03' R6 and my buddy has an 04' 6R and we were side by side all the way to 160. he got a slip on and the R6 pulled him in every gear untill 135 then he pulled me. i would still have the R6 but i upgraded to another yamaha. i love the feel of the R6 and the new 05' stops faster 30-0 and 60-0, and accelerates faster 0-60 than a 6R. its faster on a road course than the kaw. pick up the new cycle world i think they compair all the new bikes.

Oh, no... god forbid that I base a response to the question "which bike should I get" on my own personal opinion. Damn, that sounds retarded, doesn't it?

Suzukis are the most hideous bikes on the road. I'm sorry that I don't feel like paying that much money to ride on something that looks like gonzo from the muppets.

I don't have any problem with people who choose to ride zooks, to each their own. But don't act like a jackass when somebody else doesnt like your bike, it makes you look like a douche.

graemlins/wtf.gif It was just a JOKE, relax! graemlins/thumb.gif

That's why I said this: " The 600cc bikes are so close these days that it all depends on what kind of feel you want ."

I was just messing with you because the choices he gave were a R6 or ZX-6R. At no time was a HONDA mentioned but if you're going to get all butt hurt about it fine. graemlins/jerkit.gif

Have a nice day! graemlins/popcorn.gif

P.S....have you gotten your bike yet? :(