help on mods for my 85 dodge daytona trubo z

88lx5oh

3 words

Solid

fuel

rockets

they make anything faster :D

Hrmm, could weld the waste gate shut, and hope you can match it with fuel. But wait, does it have a waste gate? I've heard things about dodge's

But hell, first stop, full exhayst, help it spool. I can do ya an uber cheap one

Guest Computerguy5

Ok, here are my suggestions:

1) Open up that exhaust, help the sucker spool. 2.25" is stock (with a 2.5" downpipe), 2.5" fits in there very nicely, but doesn't offer a tremendous gain, and 3" mandrel offers a pretty damn nice gain, but you may have to use some sand and a torch and madrell-ly compress the bit that goes over the rear axle to get it in.

2) since thats a first gen, the intake on that sucker is EXTREMELY restrictive and boost doesn't help a whole lot, replace the intake, fuel rail, and throttle body with something of the 88-92 turbo dodges...

Your Intake; Very restrictive

88-92 SOHC Turbo Dodge intake.

A VERY similar intake was used in 87, but it was in two halves and flows just as well, but installation and removal are more hassle-some, so I would just go with the one piece.

3) G-Valve and supporting fuel upgrades; I believe Check Out My Flux Capacitor sells these, and I need to get one from him, too, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

4) Intercooling

Just some tips. If you really want to be overloaded with info about these cars and performance, etc. come check out the Yahoo Groups DaytonaPerformance, DaytonaTech, DodgeZ, and FWDMoparMuscle.

EDIT: Oh, blackbird, yeah, all the turbo dodges except the VNT's have wastegates. Check the other post I made about VNTs and you'll see why they don't need a wastegate.

[ 30 September 2002, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: Computerguy5 ]