installing an lt1 in my 66 duece

Guest 1bad66duece

Guest 1bad66duece
i have a 94 lt1 from a t/a with a 4L60e trans,i need some suggestions on my fuel system,i need a fuel pump or a recomendation on a good (in-exspensive) way to put an electric pump in my fuel cell or perhaps in my stock tank,or an external pump without spending $300+an exspensive reulator? any help will be nice,thanks erv

Like any fuel injection unit, you need to have a return line going back to the tank. A good walbro 307 will do the trick, seems having a fuel cell might give you trouble with mounting an in-tank style of pump tho. I know BBK makes an external pump around $150 you can get at jegs I believe. I know accel makes one too. Go see Eric Smith at the 11th ave store.

Guest 614Streets

Holley also makes external pumps http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products/FMS/FMSFP/12-925.html

Alternative

Using the stock tank , drill a 3/8" hole into the top of the stock fuel level sending unit send some inexpensive hard line down and attach a internalwalbro unit to the hard line via , small section of rubber fuel line and two band clamps. Solder the area where the hard line enters the fuel gauge sending unit top. Run 3/8 hard line back as your return line into another drilled hole on the level meter plate and solder in as well. Break the hard line just outside tank area where easily accesable and joint with 2" section of rubber line to make fuel tank removal easy if needed later down the road. Would be very easy to do and could be done for under $150. And pump is accessable if needed.