Scrap aluminum?

SupraGlue

Anyone know where to get small pieces of 1/4" thick aluminum? There were a few of us talking at the dyno day (or night) about it. Joe? Rob? Bueller? Anyone? smile.gif

EDIT: Oh, yeah, almost forgot. Who has a bandsaw? Thanks.

[ 16 October 2002, 02:10 AM: Message edited by: Stolen UFO ]

Guest gimpy21
ya know... you can take all the aluminum you want from my car.... i need to drop some weight from the damn thing..... as long as it makes my car weigh less and i dont need it.... lol.....

Originally posted by Stolen UFO:

Anyone know where to get small pieces of 1/4" thick aluminum? There were a few of us talking at the dyno day (or night) about it. Joe? Rob? Bueller? Anyone? smile.gif

EDIT: Oh, yeah, almost forgot. Who has a bandsaw? Thanks.

we already talked about this mark:)

there is a metal supply place in columbus that will have it...I can't think of the name right now, like columbus steel and pipe or something...very cheap.

Bring me the EGR valve that bolts to the manifold, and the part that bolts to the exhaust manifold (prolly want to use STEEL on that) and I will make them for you.

Originally posted by Hua:

If you're making the EGR blockplates, I'll swing you $20 for a set.

smile.gif

Sure, once I have a diagram (or a old valve) I can bust them out all day long smile.gif

I actually made a whole bunch of them for sn95 mustang guys about a year ago :D

Originally posted by More Tools Than Columbus Racing:

Mark, i can get all the aluminum i need for a small fee. I gaurntee its cheaper than anything RL can find, too! smile.gif

Let me know what dimensions you need.....

I wasnt going to supply the aluminum! I'm just fabricating it!

could you get me like a square foot of 1/4" thick aluminum, maybe a hair thicker (3/8?)?

That would be enough to make a few.

I didn't ask for fabrication -- I asked for a source of metal and access to a bandsaw. ;) Quit taking over my project. tongue.gif

Hua, if you need a couple extra it's no problem. I can't believe what people try to charge for these things (Powerhou$e *cough*).

Originally posted by Stolen UFO:

I didn't ask for fabrication -- I asked for a source of metal and access to a bandsaw. ;) Quit taking over my project. tongue.gif

Hua, if you need a couple extra it's no problem. I can't believe what people try to charge for these things (Powerhou$e *cough*).

haha, fine then asshole!

I have a bandsaw you can use.