Projector headlamps....

drblake

Originally posted by Stinky Pete:

If you actually care about vision, probably best to just go HID.

Yeah, but the projector and/or lense (my HID's have a lense in front of them) can drasticly affect how 'good' the beam you get from your car. For instance, people get the headlight assemblies for my car that were originally on the europan cars because the lense is different and it gives a little more narrow focused beam (mine are pretty wide and low). They europan version also has a clear corner marker, but that's just a side bouns, the american projectors can easily be taken apart and the orange film removed. They are auto focusing/leveling and if you have a tool to play with the computer you can change the focus a little bit, but not a ton.

I've heard of people doing this, I think I had found a DSM sight before were a guy put HID's in his car and different projectors. But if I'm remembering right he just put the whole projector (metal reflector thing) inside of his stock one, even though supposedley the stock DSM projectors are good, didn't look astetically very good, but the beam looked awesoem. I guess he might be able to get as good of results staying with halogen lights and geting better projectors than going HID with more effort and less money.

Stinkey pete is probably right though, HID's would be your best bet if your looking for better vision, pretty easy to instal, but expensive.