Who can put gears in a mustang?

Guest 01BigBadStangGT

Guest 01BigBadStangGT

Hey Guys,

I have a 2001 Mustang Gt and I want to drop some 4.30's in. I cant find anyone to install them.

Any Ideas would be great.

Thanks,

Ben

---------------------------

2001 Mustang GT

Mineral Grey

Flowmasters

Diablo Chip

BBK Cold Air Intake

Steeda Tri-AX Shifter

Steeda UnderDrive Pulleys

Plasma Ignition System

4.30 Gears Soon!

LongTube Headers and off road X-pipe soon!

Originally posted by BenS:

Hey Guys,

I have a 2001 Mustang Gt and I want to drop some 4.30's in. I cant find anyone to install them.

Any Ideas would be great.

Thanks,

Ben

4.30's u plan on racing 1/8 mi? Even 4.10's is way to much for sohc 4.6. Better go with 3.73s

Originally posted by Mobile Chassis Dyno:

4.30's u plan on racing 1/8 mi? Even 4.10's is way to much for sohc 4.6. Better go with 3.73s

A lot of guys with 99+ GT's are going with 4.10's over 3.73's. It's the prime choice for N/A 1/4 drag racing. But if it were me and my daily driver and I may possibly be going FI, it'd defitely be 3.73's.

Originally posted by No Longer N/A Cobra:

A lot of guys with 99+ GT's are going with 4.10's over 3.73's. It's the prime choice for N/A 1/4 drag racing. But if it were me and my daily driver and I may possibly be going FI, it'd defitely be 3.73's.

I have raced a sohc 4.6 with 4.10's. After the 1000ft mark, You can feel the car nose over due to the lack of motor. A car with the 4.10's might get out of the hole harder. But I bet the car with less gear is going to have a better top in charge. If I had with a blower, 3.55 would be the way to go. Hell I only I have 3.27 gears in my car. But I make peak horsepower at 5300 rpms and trap near 130 mph. :D