5.0 help

Guest GO 4LO

Attention, Stang guys,

I've got a 5.0HO motor (approx 50k miles) out of a '91 Stang and was curious what mods are the best bang for the buck? It'll be powering a ~4400 lb vehicle, so torque is important. Thanks.

Chris

Originally posted by GO 4LO:

Attention, Stang guys,

I've got a 5.0HO motor (approx 50k miles) out of a '91 Stang and was curious what mods are the best bang for the buck? It'll be powering a ~4400 lb vehicle, so torque is important. Thanks.

Chris

4400 lbs :eek: what the hell is it? I would just leave it stock...300 lbs of torque stock. Or, add a blower. How will this tank be used? Pulling something? Cruising?

It's going in a big ole Jeep. I want to get it to around 275-300 rwhp - will a blower accomplish this? If so, what's the cheapest decent blower available? One of my friends mentioned an A-trim as a good starter blower - what do you think? (Later, I'll be dropping in a high-deck Dart block with around 8:1 compression, and a SERIOUS blower:)). Thanks.

Chris

dont discount the powerdyne blowers. They're not the highest quality, but they're cheap and they work. You should easily see 275-300 (dependant on state of tune) FLYWHEEL HP from an otherwise stock shortblock and the blower. Add good heads, and you'll likely pick up another 75. turn the boost up from 6 to 9 and you'll pick up another 25-30. 400hp bone stock 5.0 short blocks are commonplace.

Originally posted by kenny:

Not going to get a turbo Buick?

I'm still planning on getting one, but I didn't want to buy one and then not be able to drive it all winter, so I'm going to get it in the spring instead:).

Chris

Found a local guy selling some stuff - how would this work on there?

Edelbrock Performer RPM heads, 1.6 RR's, E-cam, plus a 125/150 shot of nitrous? Is the E-cam too much cam for a vehicle this heavy? (I will be running 6.72 gears, though). Thanks.

Chris