Stunters

fusion

Anyone know where any stunters hang/practice in Dayton? Ones that would be cool with someone hanging out shooting photos...

Just trying to get out and shoot different things. I'm shooting MMA fights on the 19th and thought I'd keep withthe action them and find some stunters to shoot as well over the next couple of weeks and later this summer.

Hey Jeremi! You outta meet up with me and a work buddy tomorrow night at Kil-Kare. I took tomorrow night off of work because it's going to be so nice. We're meeting up after he gets out of work at 330pm. Going for a ride, then home to change if we want, then to Kil-Kare to watch the bike drags. They have 2-wheel Tuesday out there. Anyways, there is ALWAYS stunters in a fenced in lot doing tank wheelies, stand-ups, etc. PMME if your interested man. Should be a nice night to hang out. You'll have fun. :)

Oh if you don't want to come, let me know if you'd like me to introduce you to a friend of mine who is a stunter. He's been asking me when we're going to ride again this year anyways. So you can come with me and he'll give you a few good pictures I'm sure. He lives up in TROY. Let me know. But would be cool if you came out with us tomorrow man.

Do you use an SLR camera?

I'd love to have somebody shoot some pictures, though I'd have to make my way to dayton.

my camera is just a sony point & shoot so all my motion shots come out burrrruy. :dunno:

n1565130213_30131829_4002.jpg

booooo :wtf:

Yeah I shoot with a DSLR and rent Pro lenses when I need to. I try to get in as much shooting as I can when I have them. lol Dayton's a bit of a ride just to get a few pics though. More than happy to shoot them if I'm free and you're around though.

Cool. Wish I could, but I have to make class tomorrow night. I'm definitely up for heading out there sometime this summer though. I appreciate the invite. We'll have to meet up sometime for sure.

I would have gone Tuesday but just got back in town and was too jet lagged to even think. I have shot some at Kil Kare and Mid Ohio of the bikes on the tracks but not the stunters. Nick and I were talking today about going up there so we will all have to meet up. What camera are you using? Here are a few...I need to get a better lens for this type of work

zx14cr.jpg

Kilkare202.jpg

Kilkare143crop.jpg

Cool. Wish I could, but I have to make class tomorrow night. I'm definitely up for heading out there sometime this summer though. I appreciate the invite. We'll have to meet up sometime for sure.

I would have gone Tuesday but just got back in town and was too jet lagged to even think. I have shot some at Kil Kare and Mid Ohio of the bikes on the tracks but not the stunters. Nick and I were talking today about going up there so we will all have to meet up. What camera are you using? Here are a few...I need to get a better lens for this type of work

For now I'm shooting with my Canon 20D. Hoping to get a 30D or even a 1D Mark III. How close can you get to shoot there?

My guess would be less than 30 yards. I am using a Nikon D70s and really like the camera. Used to have a couple of Canon A1s and a AE1. Next money I spend on camera equipment will be on glass. Lenses are like speakers!

The D70s a great cam. I'm saving for glass too. Right now I rent glass when I need it. I'm shooting MMA fights on the 19th so I just rent and just got delivered a Canon 24-70 2.8L. I love this lens. Unfortunately I can't afford the $1200 for just the lens to buy it. My avatar was shot with the 24-70. The other lens I want is 70-200 2.8 and is around $1500. Of course I have to balance that with things I want for the bike and then decide if I want to feed the kids or not. lol OK so maybe not in that order.

:supergay::lol::lol:

Just kidding! :wink:

Yeah, would be nice to be able to take such nice pictures. But it's not a priority to me. As long as they show up and can be seen is find enough for my money spending. :D

I'll leave the pro shooting up to you guys. I'd like to have some sweet ones of me carving through a turn or getting on the gas while flipping the camera off. :cool:

Yeah, would be nice to be able to take such nice pictures. But it's not a priority to me. As long as they show up and can be seen is find enough for my money spending. :D

I'll leave the pro shooting up to you guys. I'd like to have some sweet ones of me carving through a turn or getting on the gas while flipping the camera off. :cool:

lol I like to shoot just about everything, but mainly bikes, MMA fights, and women :D

There are some spots out near Bellbrook that would be great for this. The problem is the roads are real narrow so you have to be careful. Anytime you want some shots let me know. Especially if its when I have a nicer lens on me.

lol I like to shoot just about everything, but mainly bikes, MMA fights, and women :D

There are some spots out near Bellbrook that would be great for this. The problem is the roads are real narrow so you have to be careful. Anytime you want some shots let me know. Especially if its when I have a nicer lens on me.

Where @ in Bellbrook? Sounds good to me. Ft.Ancient probably is a good spot too.

Hey, what's MMA ?

You can hit it heading down Alex Bell and across Wilmington.

Where's Fort Ancient? Never heard of it.

Mixed Martial Arts. I'm sure you've heard of UFC or PrideFC.

Ft. Ancient is south of Oregonia, which is south of Waynesville. It's a quite country area around there that I ride to hit some little twisties. Ft. Ancient is so tight, it's closed off to trucks, and I was told during winter storms, they just close the road. It's kind of like a VERY minature Deals Gap, if you want to call it that. :dunno:

MMA, where do you take pictures of that at?

Ft. Ancient is south of Oregonia, which is south of Waynesville. It's a quite country area around there that I ride to hit some little twisties. Ft. Ancient is so tight, it's closed off to trucks, and I was told during winter storms, they just close the road. It's kind of like a VERY minature Deals Gap, if you want to call it that. :dunno:

That would be cool to check out sometime.

MMA, where do you take pictures of that at?

[url:f4fcc]http://www.myspace.com/oxf[/url:f4fcc]