Dune Buggy

magley64

Looks sweet... but did someone piss on your tire?

no MJ, that's drain oil (used to reseal tires)

i broke them down in an attempt to mask them off (which didn't work out well) and while they were waiting for primer, it rained, so i had to empty the water out.

• 8 months later...
Hey do you know what the 3 wheeled contraption is some guy was riding on 46 last week

he rides that thing up and down 46 all the time.

It looks like he bought a crate v8, and didn't bother taking it out of the crate, just bolted some forks, and a pair of rear wheels to the crate.

I don't know him.

@ bandit, it's a 70, but it has 63 front fenders, and I'm ordering the old style bumpers for it tomorrow. (like this one http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/1928/2621/29818810010_large.jpg)

My wife's first car was a '71 Beetle, her dad was a VW repairman and is still in business. We both think you have a nice Bug.

My wife's first car was a '71 Beetle, her dad was a VW repairman and is still in business. We both think you have a nice Bug.

thanks, it's actually dad's, he gave $1600 for it last year. Owner didn't know anything about it, she said it used to run but she couldn't get it started, and needed it moved, dad purchased it not knowing what was wrong with it...new starter and it fired up and purred like a kitten. I installed a stereo in it for him, and we changed the fenders over. new bumpers and running boards this weekend.

I'll be sure to pass your compliments along.