88 Ford Festiva tranny prob

Guest floorpie

Guest floorpie

hey guys. question for you. i have an 88 ford festiva manual. something's wrong with the tranny or clutch. came to a stop on spring street. goes into gear but wont go. no grinding, just when you try to take off it revs and the RPM's go up.

wondering if anyone here works on tranny/clutches and would be willing to fix this. of course i'll pay. just dont want the tranny shops rippin me off.

please let me know or if you know anyone who'd fix it for pay let me know that as well

thanks

Originally posted by Koritina:

'88 is Carb, B6T swap is gonna be a lot of work since it's the non-EFI model. festivamotorsport.com has a lot of cheap parts for them though.

not realy you must change out the harness anyway so you install a in line fuel pump and run power and ground and yeeeee haaaaaa!

Originally posted by The Beav':

hey guys. question for you. i have an 88 ford festiva manual. something's wrong with the tranny or clutch. came to a stop on spring street. goes into gear but wont go. no grinding, just when you try to take off it revs and the RPM's go up.

wondering if anyone here works on tranny/clutches and would be willing to fix this. of course i'll pay. just dont want the tranny shops rippin me off.

please let me know or if you know anyone who'd fix it for pay let me know that as well

thanks

Sounds like you need a clutch.

Originally posted by buckeye:

not realy you must change out the harness anyway so you install a in line fuel pump and run power and ground and yeeeee haaaaaa!

I though if you had the EFI model, you just spliced in some of the B6T wiring harness and bumped up the fuel pump to something better. (In a nutshell, of course)

Guest floorpie

hey i wanna thank ridenred27 for fixing the festiva. he did a great job. it's the first time it's driven straight since i got it haha

but yeah. i totally give him my recommendation.