Factory Cd Player

Guest blkcivic

Guest blkcivic
if i bought a factory single disk cd player from someone and intalled it in my car would it worK, the guy says that it has the "code" but i had a friend that did this in his S-10 and it didnt work...

Guest badmuthrfkr

Unless that factory cd is about $30, why bother?

It'll work if it's the model that normally comes with the car. It's not like it knows it isn't in the original car.

Make sure to get the code for it though.

Most GMs do have a code. If taken it out of a car and then put it back in any car it will ask for a Code. Most of the time in GMs its 0000 unless the owner had changed it which I doubt. I never have even touched mine. If you can't get it, take it into a dealership for that make. If they are nice they will hook you up.

There is no code for a add-on factory single disc player for your car (the kind you hookup to the existing AM/FM radio). It's a simple plug and play procedure. If it's a combination AM/FM/CD player just right down the serial number before installing it, and if you need a code I can get it for you. Later.

Guest neonfink

Off topic, I know, sorry..

But a friend of mine wanted a CD player in his Jeep Wrangler, and for some reason, his dad (its actually his dads, but anyway) wouldnt go for anything but a factory unit. By the time they got it, and had it installed, it was more than $600.. :eek:

That is utterly retarded redface.gif

Originally posted by bigbabyjesus:

The 03 Accord units cost somewhere around $1600 if I remember correctly, they contain the HVAC controls...and they are shaped funny. Thats just stupid money. :eek:

Damn! what do you do if you want an aftermarket one. Lose your HVAC controls ! smile.gif