coil choice

supldys

need to get 2 coils for my car. It uses the GM DIS ones, like in the grand prix and the other various FWD's

wondering whats recommended, or if anyone has good or bad things to say about certain kinds?

I know accel and MSD make some, im not sure if mallory makes em or not. any other ideas?

Originally posted by Dremel:

Some of those GM coils are made by Nippon Denso. ;) They're pretty kick ass.

We always wondered why the coils with Japaneese writing on the bottom were always going bad. tongue.gif;):D

Originally posted by Clutch Stole My Leg:

anything else i can do other than plugs and wires than to get the ignition a little stronger?

Dude, the OEM coils should be WAY more than you'll ever need. The only other thing you can do is an MSD DIS system. But I wouldn't reccomend an MSD product to anyone I like. The DIS boxes are known to fail a LOT. The only Grand Prix I know running one has the DIS box fail on him I think going on six times. He's had six of those bastards! :eek:

Stick with the OEM coils, a good set of wires , and a good set of plugs and you'll be just fine! :cool: