Exhaust

Guest ScarletAngel

It all depends where and what the split is. If you mean that the pipe broke in two pieces, and is on a straight section, the Autozone/Advanced have sleeves you can put over the section and clamp tight. This will hold well for quite some time. If the damage is in a curved section, or at the muffler or other joint, your kinda screwed.

If you have a split lengthwise in the pipe, you could also check at the autoparts stores for muffler wrap or muffler repair kits. This will work for a very short period of time.

You may also try about getting someone to hit the area with a mig welder. But, if this is the original rusty stock exhaust, you probably can forget about that working at all. :(

Mike

Guest ScarletAngel
Heopfully, I'll be able to lay on the cold, wet ground tomorrow and get a good look at whats going on. I'm pretty sure its rusty as hell though. I'd really apprecitae the help, and i'll let you know for sure. Thanks!

Guest ScarletAngel
So the guy at the auto parts store looks at me all crazy like when I go in there and tell him I need to fix my exhaust. But that I just want to ghetto rig it until I can fix it for real. So he gives me a piece of metal pipe and 2 clamps, "This should work," he says. So now I need to find myself some dry ground and try to fix this crap.

Guest ScarletAngel
I appreciate all of your help guys. Sadly, the broken exhuast got bent when we had the 8 feet of snow and I'm just going to have to replace it, I think. It's all for the love of the car.