carbs and spray.....again

Dave1647545494

I'm using my nitrous plate as a carb spacer right now but scince its on the car I'm thinking of letting it taste some juice. I've got an 850q-jet on a 430buick with a 120gph holley fuel pump is this pump big enough to support both? and what do you set the fuel pressure at for the nitrous side? its set at about 8psi with a return line for the carb I'm sure it takes a seperate regulator for the nitrous side. also how much timing retard do you run is it like so many deegres per hp? any help welcomed

thanks

8psi=black smoke. Usually with N.O.S.'s jetting guidelines 4.5psi is optimal on a low pressure system. I've got an extra regulator if you want to run one for the plate and one for the carb.

As for 120gph that should be enough for a 150 shot, maybe more if you've got the clankers ;)

Timing - 2 degrees for every 50hp of spray, but a little more will probally help a car as massive as your Buick. I'd go -8 degrees with a 150 shot

Guest 10secondMouse
Tinman pretty much summed it up, the only thing I would do different would be to close the plug gap a few thousandths, go about 6-7 psi to the carb and no more than 5 psi to the fuel solenoid.