Help on Mazda mx3!?!?!

still2hi

hey i have a friend that is having a problem with a car. He has a mazda mx3 '94 and it is burning and leaking oil. i believe that it is that piston rings or valve seals. does anyone have any suggestions on what to do or where to get parts. i was thinking of going to a junk yard and finding a head for it, but i dont know how hard it would be to replace it or whether it would be worth it. thanks!

brandon

if its rings you have to pull the motor the rod and piston will only come out through the bottom if its valve seals you can do them in the car with an air hold and a spring compressor. do a leak down test first leak down will show you bad ring seal.

hth

Guest LLCoolWas
solution to the problem.... run the motor to the ground, and invest in a KLZE motor. :D he'll get alota :eek: 's when he blows past cars that have no clue

Guest nevarmore
Originally posted by Isolationist Monk:

Might be the valve covers. Those motors were bad about that.

thats the simplest and cheapest fix to try first. a new valve cover gasket is $10 or less at NAPA or AZ.

Also go thru and clean the whole damn engine bay, so you can see where the oil is leaking from, then go for a spin and come back and tell us where the oil is coming from.