bad vibrations in the 5.0

stolen 5.0

starts to vibrate bad at 1000rpms, peaks badly at 1200 and mostly goes away bout 1500 rpms. It does the same thing with the car in gear or neutral and clutch in or out, it doesn't matter. When it shakes the worst everything shakes, shifter to the sunroof. It just started this this morning. i have a vacuum leak and the plugs are white, so i'm going to fix that in the morning.

it is a 90 gt 5.0 5 speed with 256 k on it.

any help is appreciated

Does it sound like its missing? Does it do it with the belt off? Is the ballancer still in one peice? What happens when you rev it higher then 1500?

Guest Steps

It does this while you are just sitting there, or when you are moving? I assume you are taking it out of gear and holding in the clutch as you are rolling down the road...do you have a stock drivetrain?

I could tell a lot easier what it is if I got a ride in it, will you be out Friday? I am not sure if I will be, it depends on the damn rain.

Maybe I can talk my brother into coming out to, we just finished a complete engine rebuild on his car. Our first engine build up together, scary or what? hahah

Originally posted by Stolen 5.0:

replaced the plugs and fixed vacuum leaks. still does it. taking the belt off does not change anything and yes the balancer is still in one piece?

above 1500 rpm the vibration smoothes out a lot, but is still there.

I NEED SOME HELP

50% chance your motor is fucked. I'll see what I can diagnose tonight, while you projectile vomit :D

Guest Steps

Next time you do a clutch and don't turn the flywheel I am gonna strangle you :D

I did not make it out Friday anyway, so I am glad you had a couple of kegs to keep you busy.

My brother and I would be willing to look at your car if you wanted to bring it over to my brothers house in Gahanna one of these days. Just e-mail me at zshale@hotmail.com and let me know if you want to, I will give you directions then.

Lataz.