So many brands of spark plugs....

Guest project3.4camaro

Guest project3.4camaro
WIth so many brands of spark splugs out there, what to choose? Im not too worried about price, I just want a plug that will make the best of my accel coils and my new plug wires. If it would make any difference, Im looking into getting head work and headers, whether that would change anything at all I don't know. I'm not an electronic ignition techie, I just know the mechanics. :D

Autolites. I used to run NGKs in all of my F-Bodies (94 3.4l Camaro, 94 Z28, 98 Formula), but switched to Autolites as of recently. Mostly, due to price and ease of availability. I've been running them in my suprcharged LS1 now for about 6 months and I love them. No problems, bogging, idling issues, and being on my 4th set in that time, that's saved me about $36 and prevented me from having to special order them like I did with the NGKs.

How can a 500hp car be wrong? :D

Originally posted by I brake for no one:

Autolites. I used to run NGKs in all of my F-Bodies (94 3.4l Camaro, 94 Z28, 98 Formula), but switched to Autolites as of recently. Mostly, due to price and ease of availability. I've been running them in my suprcharged LS1 now for about 6 months and I love them. No problems, bogging, idling issues, and being on my 4th set in that time, that's saved me about $36 and prevented me from having to special order them like I did with the NGKs.

How can a 500hp car be wrong? :D

Gee I wonder who turned you on to Autolites?

<-- :D

Autolites own. smile.gif

its a gm car run ac's in it if they don't have the availiable heat range you want go to an autolite come see me at the store and we can figure out what you need to run.

hey chris I talked antwan into using autolites cause I got tired of ordering nkg's all the time.

Best place I've found so far for NGK is International Parts on Westerville road. The copper ones in the heat range that I use are around a buck fiddy, and they seem to always be in stock. :cool:

I tend to think that plugs are like motor oil -- people have their brands that they like, but the differences probably aren't that great. If the plugs fit right, and the car idles smoothly, doesn't knock or pre-ignite, and doesn't miss, then the plugs work. ;)