turbo gs-r

Guest gs-rpower95

Guest gs-rpower95
ok so basically ive started gathering all of the stuff for my turbo kit. right now i just ordered a garrett t3 turbo fully rebuilt a front mount a 7psi wastegate and a factory dsm bov. i plan on running 5-6 psi's on basically stock engine with just a vortech FMU and a new fuel pump. do you think that would be ok or do i need more done to my engine, it has 105000 just to mention that. thanxs

Originally posted by GS-Rpower95:

ok so basically ive started gathering all of the stuff for my turbo kit. right now i just ordered a garrett t3 turbo fully rebuilt a front mount a 7psi wastegate and a factory dsm bov. i plan on running 5-6 psi's on basically stock engine with just a vortech FMU and a new fuel pump. do you think that would be ok or do i need more done to my engine, it has 105000 just to mention that. thanxs

You might want to invest in a fuel system if you run any more boost then that. My guess is it will be a hair on the lean side.

Rob

A 17:1 a/f ratio is a BAD thing

Originally posted by GS-Rpower95:

so if i ran arounbd 4-5 until i can build some more i should be kosher??

You could run 6-8psi if you had the proper fuel system and the car was tuned correctly. Dak's car suffered damage because it was hellaciously lean which lead to detonation.

Rob

Inventing words since 1982

Yet I daily drove (like I stole it) a D16Y8 on 8 psi with the stock fuel system for a year, and it still purrs like a kitten. (No cracks about auto theft now!) ;) Granted it wasn't a very big turbo, but it was also a D series engine and not a b-series (i.e. stonger bottom end). smile.gif

Originally posted by TrboRex:

Ask Daks(98GSR-T) what the bottom end of his turbo gsr motor looked like after about 2 months of driving it. Save some money and build the bottom end.

Ya I would go with a full fuel system, I had to have to whole block redone, just ask RL its been at his house for a month.. :(

Guest doggunracing
I've heard the MSD BTM? works pretty well. You can set the ignition to retard per psi of boost. I think .5 is pretty popular, at least with the d-series folk.