supercharger?

SiColin

Yea i plan on installing a jackson racing supercharger in my 94 honda civic. Can I run this with my fuel rail, injectors, and a high flow fuel pump with out blowing my engine. My car currently has 155,000 miles on it and runs great with no problems. I also have a full cat back exhaust system , headers, and intake. My car just got a new timing belt done too.

Not sure how the jackson works but on a BBC with a super charger, the super charger pretty much is your intake. If you are running one that is like a turbo that is on the side of the motor and is spun with belts you should be able to run the same rail if you run a moderate pully on the drive.

the jackson kits use roots style superchargers...

i'd think their kit would include fuel upgrades. you prolly won't be able to get any meaningful increase in power without bigger injectors at a minimum...

i would also get the engine checked out beforehand. the car may feel fine, but that's a fair ammount of miles, and boost does bad things to worn engines...

are you planning to buy their supercharger kit..? :confused:

Guest stevil
Originally posted by Rotary Mustang:

i would also get the engine checked out beforehand. the car may feel fine, but that's a fair ammount of miles, and boost does bad things to worn engines...

Exactly. Make sure you have enough money for a rebuild, you might need to do that soon after you slap on that supercharger. Of course then you can lower your compression ratio, up the boost, etc. :D

Just do a compression test to get an idea of what condition your engine is in. That's a pretty high mileage car to be slapping a supercharger onto but if your engine is in good shape then the mileage doesn't realy matter.If your engine is in bad shape you should be able to get a good used one for about 400-600 bucks.

The kit should come with a check valve and an FMU. You won't need anything beyond the FMU and a high pressure fuel pump. MAKE SURE the fuel pump you get to work in conjunction with the FMU is a high pressure pump!