TT MUSTANG HELP

ICEMAN1647545504

I have a 95 Mustang GT with a cobra 302 motor in it. It is 5 speed. I'm interested in buying a Twin Turbo kit for it but i was told that it WILL NOT WORK on a 5 speed, but they didn't explain it to me good so i can understand. Can anybody explain this to me or tell me a diferent side of the story. Will it work or will it not work.

Thank you a lot.

dyno brian has the incon kit. he could probably help you out with questions...

i don't see why having a 5 speed would cause a problem. it does say though that the kit is for a 79-93 fox body car, and you have a 95...

you might be able to make some small modifications to kit to fit it on your car. then again, you could probably find another kit designed specifically for your car, or piece together a custom setup yourself...

you're still going to have to get the car tuned after installing the turbos, as well as buy a few extra parts (like fuel upgrades) to finish the project. you'll have more than the cost of that kit invested before the car is on the road. just something to think about... ;)

Originally posted by ICE COLD:

I can get it for $2500, if i pay pal him the money by tomorow.

i have no idea what these kits go for. if it's a good price, might be worth a shot. if you get it for a good price you can always sell it to someone else if it doesn't work out...

if you have the spare time and extra money to finish the project, i'd consider it. people rave about those incon twin turbo kits... smile.gif

Well fitting it will not be a problem, and i know about the upgrades that i will have to do to it (the motor is out of it anyway), but this is what i have been told and i dont know if i got it right thats why i have been asking you guys. When the turbos boosts up the engine, and you press the clutch there is still boost left in the engine, that's why there is a BOV. But they told me that if i miss a gear and mash on the gas during racing, all that bost will go to the engine and will over power the engine causing confusion in the computer and mess the car up (blow it up). I'm prety good at shifting but you never know. Like i said i dont know if i got this one right, that's why i asked the question.

thanks for the help.

You will destroy your clutch and transmission.

You have to notch the frame for the kit to fit, not hard from what I've heard.

Incon is out of buisness, so getting a chip burned might be a bit of a problem. Don't expect any help from them either.

$2,500 is a good price.

My $.02

i think you shouldnt purchase this kit, it seems to me as if you have no clue aobut forced induction or mustangs in general. Your car may be a 5.0, but there are some differences in the motors from 93-94... the kit might be able to fight wiht minor mods, and it may also need major mods. if ya get it goodluck.. and have fun rebuilding stuff