Single to dual turbos swap

Guest Atlas

Ok heres the deal... I'm looking into getting a dodge omni as a daily/winter driver. However I also can't leave anything stock. I also have this much >.< turbo experience. My question being how long does a stock turbo take to spool on such a small engine and how hard would it be to swap to twin turbos and how much of an improvement in spool time would i see? Is it even worth it on such a small engine. I plan to upgrade so i can run more boost later so the twin turbos would help with that. Thanks.

Originally posted by Atlas:

My question being how long does a stock turbo take to spool on such a small engine and how hard would it be to swap to twin turbos and how much of an improvement in spool time would i see?

You would see no improvement, in fact you'd see the opposide and ALOT of it.

Stay single, dont go more then .5 bigger on the ARs, be prepared to replace an engine or two ;)

Originally posted by Driver:

You would see no improvement, in fact you'd see the opposide and ALOT of it.

Stay single, dont go more then .5 bigger on the ARs, be prepared to replace an engine or two ;)

fuck that, bigger is better. put a t4oe60 on it. spool times will suck, but that top end will be smokin ( your block, pistons, and everthing else)

Guest mudbutt
actually a smaller to4e .60exhaust o or p trim .60 compressor 54 or 57 trim wouldnt be THAT bad on spool. I believe factory is either a t3 or t25, there are bolt on turbos for either one that will give you anywhere from 200whp to 500+. THe engines arent that weak. a 300hp variant with a metal head gasket as only internal mod would work fine. The 10sec(?) k car had a motor that had never been rebuilt. They broke a few ringlands, but would just replace that piston, assemble, and kick ass.