Can anyone here do exhaust welding for a decent price?

Guest sixpackstang

Guest sixpackstang

For starters, I have a 97 v6 mustang, and I just bought GT take-offs to convert my car to dual exhaust. I'll need the take-offs to be welded back together, (cut for shipping purposes)the hangers on the tailpipes will need to be cut off and moved, (takeoffs are from an '02, and my car is a 97 so hangers mount in different spot) and then after cutting my stock Y pipe after the cats, two pieces will need to be welded from the cuts in the Y pipe to the mufflers.

If anyone here could do something like this, please let me know. It was a bit pricey to have a muffler shop do it and I'm trying to cut some costs. I'm willing to pay you whatever reasonable amount you would want for your services. Please email me at bkoola041@hotmail.com if you can help me out, or post here.

Thanks!

Guest sixpackstang
Originally posted by Tinman:

I can help you out. If you are willing to do everything but the welding it will be pretty cheap, but if you need me to do all the work it will push the cost up some.

Well, don't have any tools at my appartment or a place to work on it. If you did it where would we be working on the car at? I can take down the old exhaust and cut the Y pipes myself, and help hang the new exhaust while its being welded. I believe it would be a lot easier to install/line up if the exhaust could be welded back together while on the car. Let me know where you would be working on the car, and how much you would want to do what I've described with me removing old exhaust and helping to install the new. Thanks.