knocking rod...

akaRED

doin it yourself?

depends on what it looks like when you open it up, could have a cost of machining everything, then needing pistons and rods and such.

or you could just need a $50 set of bearings, who knows.

rip it open and find out smile.gif

Aaron here is some advise: Dont Buy it!!! it could be a whole list of things wrong with it or it could be one thing. But do you wanna spend $300 on it to find out? Unless you have about $2k ready to go into that car then I would not go for it, ohh are you sure that it is a rod knock though? is it auto or manual, this is all of course info I would like to know if you do happen to buy it, cuz I may beable to give you some ideas on what it may be. also is it a Turbo I or a Turbo II engine, you will know it is a Turbo II if it has a intercooler.

Guest 98 GSX OES
do not buy it, i almost got into one, they are real slow, and real shitty, and a car that old is really not worth it, you can find an AWD talon or eclipse with a turbo in the early 90's for a realy good price (take jeff for example a fast turbo, for $1,500.00, and it will whoop my $16,000.00 turbo car) maybe even trade in your cavalier on one, i just dont want to see you getting into that mess, make the moeny last, if you cant wait then do it anyways, its well worth the wait,so just stop buying outragous wings for your cavalier and start saving up the bucks, and before you know it, you got yourself a turbo car, in alright shape (or better) ;)

lol, yea i am gonna wait, ill end up having about 1500 around the beg. of summer to buy a car, im looking at 2nd gen RX7's, lasers and tsi talons and stuff like that, hey jeff, how about, you sell me your car for 1500? sounds like a deal to me. :D