HELP

KlubFoot

At times when I am at WOT my RPM's keep going up slowly and the exhaust gets louder, but it feels like I am going nowhere and then the car starts stuttering and popping and it makes a funky noise out of the exhaust. I have been told it could be a boost leak or fuel cut. Please let me know if you have any other ideas. Also, do you know someone who could check this out for me? Thanks.

ps. it happens the worst when i am cruising along in 3-5 gear at around 2k rpm and i floor it. Could this be a problem with the turbo? It seems as if this always occurs when i am above 10psi or over 2800 rpm. I just want to know what the F is going on so I can fix it.... its getting bad. thanks

OK, because I was going to buy a 1st gen Talon that did the same thing until the day I went to pick it up and it wouldn't start at all.

Anyways, sounds like either a boost leak or your wastegate actuator isn't opening or closing properly (most likely) or you might want to check your air and fuel filters.

[ 28 June 2002, 08:52 PM: Message edited by: Check out my flux-capacitor ]