Mercedes 190d slow as balls..........

badasskylark

Ok i looked at a 86 benz 190d 2.5 its the 125hp diesil pusing arouns about 3000 pounds i figured it wouldnt be a hot rod by any means but it was so so slow i had to floor it across an intersection to even get the car going and if a car was 2 blocks away i would be lucky to be out of the intersection yby the time the car got there. Should this car really be this slow or is somthing probably wrong with it?

I would say do a compression test, but seeing as how deisels don't have spark plugs I don't know how you would do that.I think it's safe to say..... 126hp at the crank (when it was new)+ 3000 lbs. + 17 year old engine = a turd.

Yep, my friend in HS had a '80 240D 4 SPD! smile.gif . That thing was the biggest turd you would ever drive. The steering wheel looked like it belonged on a bus. However, it rode like you were floating in the air. He ran it for a good 100k miles (sold it around 190k) and it was still purring like a kitten. He even sold it for $2000 too!

Originally posted by OhioGN:

OT, but.....

Buck - Where did you get that banner? I am old school so not too good at design, but want to design one for my Grand National.

Dunno man.. I just ripped of off some other forum. I suck at photo-design and stuff like that smile.gif .