Moving AC lines....anyone work with AC?

Science Abuse

coolant,fue,oil,tranny fluid,PS fluid,I've moved themall in prep fro the turbo, one snag remains, Air conditioning lines, and those make me a'scared. I should prolly hockit, but this is my DD, and Defrost is nice. Plus it'd becool to say "...and its still got AC".

I have a few hardlines where and exhaust pipe will be routed, I need a couple bends to get them over and out of the way. I have acces to aluminum pipe, custom bent, if needed. Anyone here have experience with the nitty gritty of air conditioning?

Thanks

Eric

Dumping FREON to the atmosphere is a bad idea (illegal). You need someone to "reclaim" the freon, then move the lines, then recharge the system. Any repair shop that will do AC has to have a reclaim unit, or they would be arrested and burned at the stake (maybe not), but they should have a reclaim unit.

yeah it's illegal but if you want to press the button (looks like the one for releasing air on your tire), no one can really stop you unless you have a police officer chilling in your garage with you.

Oh... and becarful too because the gass is not your friend. Don't breath it in. (Garage door open)

Well if you are worried about the environment, you can stop im my work sometime and I will hook you up on draining the refrigerant (as far as I know we shouldn't need any adapters, but I cannot make any promises). If you don't care about that sort of thing just drain the freon and move whatever hoses it is that you need to move. If you still want help PM me and I would be glad to assist. Later!

I had to reposition my AC Condensor and move a bunch of AC lines around for my FMIC installation. I did not have to disconnect anything or discharge. My AC lines were pretty flexible and I just bent them with basic tools (my hands and a couple of wrenches).

Depending on how many bends and how far you need to move stuff, just bending/moving without discharging could be an option for you, it was for me.

k