Honda Question

Guest RJ1074

Guest RJ1074
Hey~ I have a 1994, Honda Accord EX, automatic, with a V-Tec engine. My question/problem is: My car seems to have pretty good pick-up from a dead stop (I dont know too much about cars yet) but once it switches to 2nd gear the pick-up slows a lot. I dont know if this is normal or not, but if you know how I could change this so it excelerates faster once it switches to 2nd gear I'd like to know. smile.gif Thanks

Its normal cause more than likely you're out of your power band on the F22 motor. NOt sure if you mean it slips, but if it feels like it takes a while to shift then it's worn clutches in the tranny. If you wanna pick up a lil bit of power try a drop in K&N filter or something along the lines of an AEM or Injen intake. They range from round 100$ some to 260$ or so. Other than boost/Spray/Motor swap this is about the biggest gain you'll feel and notice. I had an old drop in filter I had on my 92'that I'd give you, but gave it away and put it in a 96'. K&N drop in is about 40$ if that. Jump on www.accordclub.com if you really need some serious honda stuff they know their shit. Power band on your accord should be right above 4 grand, so I doubt it shifts that high when going into second. But try that mod and you'll notice. Good luck. PEace

[ 28 July 2002, 07:06 PM: Message edited by: Goin2the ARMY ]