No Freaking Way!!!!

natedogg624

so before i get too excited or anything i just got an email:

CONGRATULATIONS! Your SuperSport bike has been selected as one of the 100 winners for the Laguna Seca MotoGP Race Weekend. You will receive two full-admission tickets for the 3-day U.S. MotoGP Race at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca along with an invitation for a special V.I.P. dinner with the Yamaha race teams and Yamaha "Weekend of Champions" stars.

To claim your MotoGP Race admission tickets, please email ______ at ________ on or before July 7, 2008.

To receive your V.I.P. dinner tickets, please plan to show proof of identification to Yamaha personnel in the Yamaha Display Tent in Monterey on Friday, July 18, 2008 between 8:00a-4:00p (Pacific).

Additionally, during Friday evening's dinner, we are planning to show a video featuring our customers and would like you to submit a brief (1 minute or less) video featuring you and your Yamaha and what inspires you about it. Preferred video format is mini DV or DVCam. Please mail your video no later than Monday, July 7, 2008 to: (address) Please visit our website to view the "Winner" bikes selected in the MotoGP Contest for the Laguna Seca MotoGP Race at Virtual SuperSport Bike Show.

Once again, congratulations and we look forward to meeting you at Laguna Seca!

Bob Starr

General Manager, National Communications

i took out the contact info btw

dont get me wrong but i do believe that means

I JUST FUCKING WON TICKETS TO THE LAGUNA MOTO GP RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no its not spam i already emailed the lady about it and got a response.

too bad i live here and i don't know if i can make it over there

i submitted my bike into an online sportbike show sponsored by yamaha and boz bros

and benyen: im moving cautiously, meaning no credit card info (especially since its supposed to be free), no information other than my name and pic of my bike is all im giving them for now.

So if it's real, I will be the first one to invite myself...If you have a second ticket and no one to use it of course....

Yeah, cant waste that ticket on some chick who wont appreciate it. Unless she is really hot, rides and follows MotoGP. :eek:

haha just my luck...

apparently it was a technical error they sent that email out to everyone:

It is with great regret that we must inform you that the email that was sent to you yesterday regarding the Laguna Seca MotoGP Contest was incorrect.

Unfortunately, due to a technical difficulty, everyone who had entered a bike in the Virtual Bike Show and MotoGP Contest (both Laguna Seca and Indianapolis) received a congratulatory email instead of just the 100 actual winners for Laguna Seca. The Indianapolis MotoGP Contest will continue through August 11, 2008.

We sincerely apologize for this error. And as a token of our appreciation, we will be sending you a specially designed Colin Edwards Laguna Seca T-shirt for the trouble and inconvenience. This shirt will be mailed immediately following the Laguna Seca event.

Once again, we are truly sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Bob Starr

General Manager, National Communications

lmfao :lol: at least i get a free tshirt out of it!

haha just my luck...

apparently it was a technical error they sent that email out to everyone

Get a lawyer.....SUE!!! ;)

Hell.....Get everyone that got the letter involved.....CLASS ACTION!!! :D

im still getting 2 tickets to the laguna race. can anyone say $$$$ :)

--no i can't get out there, its just not possible for me--

Hello Nathan,

You may still enter your bike for Indy. If you would still like the tickets for Laguna please send me your shipping address that accepts UPS shipments and I will send the tickets to you.

No you are not a winner. Due to the error Yamaha is giving 2 3-day tickets for motogp because of the error. You are still more than welcome to enter your bike in the Indy contest. Unfortunately we are only able to give you tickets for Laguna Seca.

maybe ill make enough to get some cool mods to make it a winner for the indy gp :lol: