how accurate is a g-tec?

Guest 1bad66duece

I'm currently borrowing my friends. He's tested it numerous times at Trails and it was either dead on or one tenth off.. Pretty darn good if you ask me. The mph will be high though because it doesn't average like a drag stip does.

Originally posted by SamZman:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 93TANG:

Hey Sam, if you still have it bring it out Friday I'm kind of curious what it would say about mine.

Jegs? Let me know what time you're gonna be there and I may swing by..</font>Well, probably between 10 and 11. I'll be out in the area after, but not sure how late.

• 4 weeks later...
Those gtecs a pretty slick. My buddy bought one and we drove it around in my car. We got to get the weight right we kept guessing and it read the horsepower as 40 on the first run and 166 on the second, and im guessing it should be at 140. The quarter mile was cool too it reads off ur time as it goes and it also records ur 0-60. The time reads out as u slow down. My car ran a 16 flat at 84 mph. I know its slow but im still in school and need money before i can play with it some more.