O2 sensor simulator

Tulo

Ever since I put my VAFC on, I get the CEL all the time. And I've noticed that after "heavy acceleration", that it seems to go into limp dick mode, and doesn't run well. If I turn my car off, then restart it, it's good again. Anyways, I heard I can get a O2 sensor simulator that will send a normal O2 signal to my computer(since the one it's sending now is different from stock due to mods). Where can I get one of these and what kind do I need? Thanks. -JP

You want to have an O2 sensor(primary lambda - the one on most cars exhaust manifolds) that is REAL. With a stimulated output your car will think (again if it IS the primary lambda) your car is running the stoic mixture, and wont add or subtract any fuel. Say goodbye to your gas mileage.

Since its 99, ODB II, get a stimulator for the post cat sensor. There is no data being used for closed loop control. You can make one for cheap with some resistors, but that could lead to problems.

Have you Dyno tuned the car to MAKE SURE you maintain a safe WOT fuel table? Usually, unless you eliminate the cat, there should be no problems.

Originally posted by Tulo:

Anyways, I heard I can get a O2 sensor simulator that will send a normal O2 signal to my computer(since the one it's sending now is different from stock due to mods).

Identify which O2 sensor, post or pre cat. There is no differance the sensor sees with or without mods. It will shoot for stoic when the car is in closed loop. Most are .500mv ~ Stoic.

Hope this helps!

Originally posted by I brake for more trends than CR:

resistors wont work as the car needs to see a non constant reading from the sensor. There are write ups on how to make one it is still simple it uses resistors and a timer chip.

You can use resistors IF you leave the o2 sensor intact. I have the wiring diagram around here somewhere. You should be able to find it on google searching for homeade o2 sensor or something of the sort.