how to break in breaks?

Guest Ranger_Man

Guest Ranger_Man
i just ordered my new brakes: KVR carbon fiber, supposedly very good pad for us 240 owners. anyway, im just wondering if there is any specific way to break in this type of pad. any help is appreciated.

i'm gonna be asking u how those brakes are once they get broken in smile.gif

BTW what i've been told is 500 miles of soft-normal braking. seems reasonable to me

[ 02 December 2002, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: Morgan ]

Guest Ranger_Man

500 mi.. soft normal.. graemlins/gay.gif

and its not my fault, my 9th grade english teacher sucked so bad the entire class failed spelling 3 times before she gave up.

This is what Wilwood says to do. I have their four piston calipers and pads on my car, it seemed to work well.

To bed-in your brake pads, begin by applying the brakes at low speeds. Make a series of hard stops from moderate to slower speeds. Gradually, increase the speed and the braking until the pads reach a hot racing temperature. If any brake pad fade is experienced during the bed-in, immediately begin the cool down process. Drive the car at slow to moderate speeds while the pads begin to cool, and be sure not to drag the brake pedal. Park the car with minimal brake use and allow the brakes to finish cooling before subjecting them to race conditions. This procedure will minimize pad wear and maximize friction values over the broadest possible temperature band.