A/C Help

GRN96WS6

Well I recharged the A/C in my Sentra and it worked fine for a week or so and then started acting up.

What is does is it works fine and blows cool air for about 20 mins then the air gets warmer though still cool and the engine temp begins to rise. :confused:

I posted this on a Sentra specific board and the only advice I got was "thermal runaway" I have never heard of that term before, anyone know what it is?

Anyway thanks for the help.

BTW I have checked the coolant and it is fine .

Guest 1bad66duece
does your cooling fan turn on whle your air is on?try runnung a water hose on your condinser when the air turns warm,sounds like the condenser is not propery getting cooled!!!if your fan is working check to make sure air can freely pass through the condenser (make sure its not clogged with dead bugs or leaves) just a suggestion.

Originally posted by 9sec509:

does your cooling fan turn on whle your air is on?try runnung a water hose on your condinser when the air turns warm,sounds like the condenser is not propery getting cooled!!!if your fan is working check to make sure air can freely pass through the condenser (make sure its not clogged with dead bugs or leaves) just a suggestion.

thats a very logical explaination. makes sense to me.

i had my uncle recharge the A/C in my stang a few weeks back. i guess there is a valve on the coolant line that runs through heater. when u turn your temp to cold, it's supposed to stop the coolant from flowing through the heater, my valve is broke so it does cool as much as it should. also. most car a/c system's will only cool 20 degrees cooler than the outside temp.