Need Help w/ Numbers from Drag Strip

integranator

after a night at the trails, iwent to wash my dial in numbers off, and i didn't get them all off, but i was in a big rush to get home, so i let it be. The next day i couldn't get out to wash them off, and so they sat longer. I finally got the time to wash the rest off, but the numbers would not come off!! i've been trying for like 6 months now, have gotten off most, but there are still specks of it on the paint, and the windows. I can't figure out how to get the residue off of my paint, without damaging the paint. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated smile.gif . Sorry if you can't understand my post, i'm trying to make it as brief as possible. thanx

Guest 1bad66duece
if is on your paint try windex ,wet it down real good and let it soak a few seconds.works good on bugs and bird sh** also.why is it on the paint? if its on your glass(were they normally put it) just scrape it off woth a razor blade.

Yeah that's kinda crazy. I've let mine sit on the car for nearly a full week before, then when I finally got off my lazy as*, I just wiped them off w/ a paper towel, like I always do...they come right off, easy as heck.

when i had originally washed off the numbers, some of the run-off dried on the paint of the car, so it left water spots filled with the paint from the numbers :( . So, i'm not sure what i can, becuase i've tried window wash stuff, and goo be gone, and oops, and sooo much stuff!! but thanx for all of your help. Do you think i could u the razor blade carefully on my paint?

Everyone should invest in a bottle of Geddex(sp?) polish from Jegs. It's not like a regular shoe polish, it's made to wipe right off. They generally use it at Trails but sometimes they use regular shoe polish which is TOUGH to get off :( . As 1bad66 said you need a bunch of Windex or a razor blade to get it off. That's why Razorback didn't have a problem but you are. Anyways, Geddex, go get some and if you see them using regular shoe polish tell them you'll write your own numbers on ;) Then you also won't have to borrow any if you bracket race smile.gif

Guest 614Streets
Use reducer/mineral spirt on a towel , hand polish with a meguires/mothers final step polish and then rewax area with a carnuba wax. Clay bar and soapy water may also work.