clutch exploded

Guest flyry110

Guest flyry110

ok listen to this!

so i'm driving my max the other day. I'm shifting normally, not beating on anything. . . anyway, i go to push the clutch in and it gets stuck in! horrible noises are coming from my tranny at this time and i can hear things scattering. i can't disengage the clutch so i just pulled it into Neutral (it's a stick) shut it down and pulled into a parking lot. i called my sis and she ran me up to the shop and we grabbed the tilt bed. anyway, so we pull the tranny to see what the heck happened! and get this, the throw out bearing BENT! the clutch fork just bent the tabs that it pushes on and went past the throw out bearing into the tabs on the pressure plate!!!! what the heck is up with that!!!!! So anyway, i just ordered a centerforce dual friction clutch and throw out bearing. also while i was at it i ordered a short shifter and while i'm at it i might as well put a lightweight flywheel in. but the only one i can find is stillen! anyway, the dude was supposed to call me back with a final price but he never did! grrrrrrrrrrr i'm gonna call him in the morning. anyway, 11lb flywheel, dual friction clutch, throw out bearing, short shifter. . . .this is starting to add up. Oh, i'm gonna need a slave cylinder while i'm at it as well! grrrrrrrrrrr pain in the butt! oh well, it'll be nice reving fast smile.gif oh, that other clutch had a warrenty so i'm gonna go get the new kit and sell it smile.gif