Valve Size 5.0

KlubFoot

Depends on how much lift you'll have at the valve. I'd be safe and just run a 1.90 or 1.94" valve - but even then I'd always double check valve clearance...

You're not going to see much of a difference going from 1.94 to 2.02 or 2.05 on a stock compression (or close to stock) engine anyways.

stock is 1.78".

You shouldnt have any problems with that combo. I ran a similar setup back in the day(eldelbrock performer heads, "E" cam and 1.7 roller rockers) and had plenty of clearance.

to be safe, I'd still suggest checking valve clearance though.

Originally posted by SlowMotion:

Ok, a few more questions. What is the stock valve size on a 93 Mustang GT? And, if I went with the FRPP Z heads with 1.90 or 1.94 valves and the FRPP e303 cam, should I have enough clearance?

There are far better combos out there though. TFS heads are cheaper and would work better. If you want an off the shelf combo to make power I'd consider a set of TFS street heat heads, a TFS cam, and a TFS street heat intake. Throw in a nice exhaust with a set of longtubes and its a pretty simple and cheap way to get 300rwhp.

If you are not sure about clearance then clay the heads. Overall lift is not what will kill you, its duration. Normally the exhaust valve will hit before the intake valve. To clay the heads you have to mock up a solid lifter, if you need some assistance when you get to that step get ahold of me and I can come give you a hand, I've done it a 'few' times. ;)