Alignment and Fluid Q's (2000 TA WS6)

Baluchitherium4

What's up guys? It's been awhile since I've posted, but I hibernate in the winter.

I need a little advice on a couple things.

I want to have an alignment done on my car. Are there any recommended specs for drag racing?

I'm also doing a coolant change along with changing the tranny and diff. fluids. What are the recommended fluids for the those?

Thanks in advance.

Later,

Dale

dex cool for antifreeze its orange in color prestone makes pretty good stuff or you can use gm brand from the dealer.

if you have a posi rear end I would use 85-140 gear lube and gm limited slip additive make sure you use the additive or the rearend will get noisy

tranny fluid- I use off the shelf atf from the auto parts store you can buy expensive synthetic stuff but its not really going to do anything for you except make your wallet lighter than the regular stuff

alignment- a normal front end alignment is fine on the rear if its adjustable in an f-body you want to get the thrust angle checked if the alignment guy doesn't understand what you want use some one else. you want the rear end dead centered and perfectly lined up for more consistent even launches this will also help keep the car from kicking sideways. you may also want ot run an air bag at the track on only the passenger side this will load the suspension the car lifts and launches straight instead of twisting

HTH

I work at firestone and i have seen dex-cool tear up water pumps, intake gaskets,etc.I would have it flushed to green.Is your car m6 or a4? If its a m6 gm recommends atf(could go synth.)or syncromesh from gm.As for the alignment high caster makes it handle beter at high speeds.Go slightly positive on camber for stability. Go close to 0deg. on toe so when it lifts the wheels dont turn in too much. Be sure not to go out of specs.

For the tranny, just use the cheapest ATF you can get your hands on.

Alingment wise, I'd stick with the stock up front, and there are no adjustments that can be done on the rear unless you have added adjustable parts (all of the main rear end suspension parts: panhard rod, LCA's, torque arm, shocks, can be purchased from multiple supliers in adjustable form).