Blow Off Valves

Guest Computerguy5

Guest Computerguy5
I'm looking to get rid of this stock airbox, etc., but it houses the stock blow off valve. The stock valve is decent, but not terribly wonderful, so I think I would like to replace it, rather than try to integrate it into the new intake, so what are your thoughts on brand A's blow off valve compared to brand B, and about how much are they?

Of the major Japanese brands, the best is HKS. Sounds great, looks cool, and will not leak. Apex-i Twin Chamber is by far the worse.It sounds like crap and will leak mere weeks after installing it, it is a real POS. Blitz and Greddy are a toss up, though I like the Greddy beter.

TurboXS is okay, TurboSmart- I've heard good things about them. The next BOV I buy will be an HKS. Hope that helps, I didn't feel like getting anymore detailed, too lazy. :D

[ 22 December 2002, 10:58 AM: Message edited by: bigbabyjesus ]

All the opinions sound good here so far.

Greddy is a good value BOV if you are not running huge boost. It should be fine for at least 15psi and probably much higher. I ran it for a while, and it can move plenty of air.

If you feel like MacGyvering something, both the stock MKIV and stock DSM valves can actually be modified to become adjustable. I wouldn't consider them unless you're at fairly low boost. Neither will bypass very much air either. They're small valves.

The ultimate street-type valve is the HKS imo, due to it's unique design. Boost pressure actually holds it closed until there is a pressure differential. I'm not always the biggest HK$ fan, but this is one case where they really did build a better mousetrap. Their wastegates are outstanding also.