Edelbrock Performer RPM series for 302

KlubFoot

I was looking on Ebay and came across the Edelbrock Performer RPM heads and camshaft . I got the #'s on them and they seem like a pretty good setup especially with me keeping my stock bottom end. The heads come with 1.90/1.60 valves and the cam is 224/234 duration and 496/520 lift. Has anyone every used any of the Performer RPM products or maybe heard anything about them? I'm just looking for some feedback. Thanks! :D

Are they used??? It is totally up to you, but if the heads are used you may want to see about getting them checked out first. I would hate to see you dump some money into a beat-up set of heads. I have seen it go both ways, a used set look and perform like new, and a used set look new and be completly ruined. If you find a used set locally usually if the seller wants to sell them, they will let you get them looked at by a machine shop first. Oh yeah and there ins't really anything wrong with that set-up. Just my .02

Tom

I wouldnt pay much for 'em myself. Maybe ~$400-600 max. They arent the best head out there, and if they're used, you'll need new valve springs and a valve job anyways, putting you around the cost of a NEW set of fully assembled twisted wedge heads - which perform MUCH better.

You wont go 11's very easily on motor with them unported, but they are a good head. smile.gif

We run unported Edlebrok 6037's.

For that price buy brand new TFS heads and a cam from summit and go faster...

Rob