lowering question

Guest vtec_accord

We have a tech forum, I'm pretty sure it's there to serve some kind of purpose. :confused:

Springs or coilovers? It's up to you - your budget and your goals. Which kind? It's up to you and your budget.

How low? It's up to you - Why are you lowering the car? Looks or performance?

Obviously these are all things YOU need to decide, unless you want us to tell you what to do.Go post in the technical forum when you have figured out what your goals are.

Guest Bag of Doughnutz
i have eibach springs. they dropped my car 1.5in. go with those. but im switching to air bags, more money but around here sometimes you need the lift.

I am a fan of Eibach myself, they have 2 kinds of kits, a Pro Kit or a Sportline kit. If I remember correctly a prokit will drop your car about 1.0" and a sportline kit will drop it about 1.8" and both will ride pretty well. As for coilovers, I would only do it if you are planning on competing on some type of racing circuit or you want the ultra crushed look, cause they ride like hell compared to progressive rate springs.

Guest badmuthrfkr
Originally posted by torqueless:

I am a fan of Eibach myself, they have 2 kinds of kits, a Pro Kit or a Sportline kit. If I remember correctly a prokit will drop your car about 1.0" and a sportline kit will drop it about 1.8" and both will ride pretty well. As for coilovers, I would only do it if you are planning on competing on some type of racing circuit or you want the ultra crushed look, cause they ride like hell compared to progressive rate springs.

Tein SS doesn't ride like hell at all.

if you knew anything about coil over your would know that the ride better than stock

i put eiabachs on my first jetta (sportlines)

sportlines and pro kits are not alike a prokit gives you closer to stock ride feel sportlines are a stiffer spring and ride like a stiffer spring but feel good none the less

and on my second jet i put on kw coilovers on it, they ride like a cadilac and i can put the oil pan on the ground.

its all up to you dude