ABS no workie, yet ABS light is not on.......

Nitrousbird

On Tuesday, I did the front brakes on ym 1993 S-Blazer 2WD. I pulled the calipers off the rotors (left them attached at the lines), replaced the pads, and replaced the rotors. Since the wheel bearings are built into the rotors on the 2WD trucks, I packed and replaced the inner/out wheel bearings on both sides.

Everything went on fine. The brakes work great, pedal is firmer than before, no complaints at all, and the truck drive like it always has.

So, it's slick on my street this evening, so I decide to play a bit and hit the brakes. Hmmmmm......they locked up. Since the ABS unit is in the cab on S-trucks, it is VERY loud, so you know when the ABS kicks in. Well, it's not. No ABS light on the dash. Odd; I mean I never messed with the wheel speed sensor or any wiring to it. I honestly just pulled the caliper/rotors, and sprayed down the spindles w/ brake cleaner and cleaned off all the old grease.

I mean, this isn't a big deal, and I'm well aware of how to drive a vehicle with no ABS. But I just find it odd that the ABS decides not to work w/ out tripping a light. Any thoughts?