Headlights

Guest infamous me 235

Guest infamous me 235

ok, i have projectors and they've worked fine for awhile, then one night the fuse blew, so i put a new one in, blew right away... got home, played with the wires, and the 2 power wires were touching, put a bolt in b/w them, put a fuse in, YAY they work... today, me and my girl were out, and i went to turn them on, fuse blew, i change it, blew again.. get home... play with some wires again, none touching each other, so i put another fuse in, worked, so i took it around the block, and the lights dimmed, then came back on, went out, came back on, dimmed, then the fuse popped... what the heck is the problem?! :mad:

EDIT : Cant Spell

Originally posted by RX7dood:

my guess is its an electrical problem.

Brilliant deduction Berto!!

If the bulbs are two way, meaning high and low beam, they have 2 filaments in the bulb. If one is broken and lays across the other it can cause some pretty wild electrical symptoms. You might wanna check them!

If not, call and exorcist!

Originally posted by infamous me 235:

.....the 2 power wires were touching, put a bolt in b/w them....

Ok, putting a bolt in between the two wires that were touching wasn't the smartest thing to do. Bolts are metal, so you might as well not even have put it there. What you need to do is got some electrical tape, and out it around the wires where they were touching. This will stop them from grounding out, which is more than likely the reason why you keep blowing fuses.