Transmission?

Guest infamous me 235

Guest infamous me 235

In the "golf cart" (Automatic 84 Accord) whenever you shift from reverse to neutral or into drive, it grinds. I looked underneath at the transmission and there's, i'm assuming, tranny fluid on the bottom. Is the tranny going bad or just need fluid or what? If it's the tranny going bad, i have no clue wtf my mom's going to do. We're basically fukked because we have no money for a new transmission or car redface.gif:(

Thanks

[ 19. March 2004, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: Veni Vidi Vici ]

Guest infamous me 235
Originally posted by ridenred27:

call out to trails west and talk to steve he is the service man there . he was a tech at a golf car company for years

It's really an 84 Accord. I just call it a "golf cart" cus it looks like one. Sorry, I forgot to put the car name after that, my bad. graemlins/doh.gif

Guest infamous me 235
Originally posted by NurkVinny:

First thing's first... did you check the fluid level?

I would, if i knew where fuck it was in this clusterfuck they call an engine bay . Here's some pictures of the tranny and spots i saw oil...

underneath the car, tranny

next to belt

closer look at it...

Here's the manual, where it says the tranny oil dipstick is at, where is this at? but i can't find it anywhere? If you can point it out in this picture i'd appreciate it smile.gif

The dipstick is kind of directly beneath the upper radiator hose. There is no disptick tube, it is just a yellow cap that has a stick on the end. You will have to contort your hand a little bit to reach it.

I would have to hear the grinding noise to be of anymore help. If you can bring it by the shop sometime I can take a quick look at it, no charge (shouldn't take but 5 minutes). Later.