LS-1 M6 Skip Shift

Guest ravedave

Guest ravedave
i'm curious. How exactlly does a stock M6 LS-1 work. Do you have to go from 1st to 4th? How do you fix this so you can use all the gears? Is there another way other than buying that skip-shift eliminator?

Guest bigjoe6902
if your talking about the skip shift thing which i think u are, i had that on my 94 transam, jegs sells the elimintator for like 30 bucks, it takes bout minute to install, get under car, plug it in. and then u can go from one to second with out prob, the light will still come on but it wont do that ennoying thing anymore

There is a solenid which is activated by the rpm's. I'm not sure what the range is, but you can short shift it early or wind out the gear longer to defeat the skip shift. The guys that actually have one can explain better. ;)

Guest bigjoe6902
i will admit, it should be your first mod, i hated it, i guess its suppose to help get better gas milage but it just gives u no power what so ever, ya, if u race or just hit a ceratin rpm, i forget which, cause i did it right when i got my car and i dont even have that car anymore, the skip shift goes away and still lets u go to second. in the jegs catalog, in the lt1 section, its in there, down at bottom, thats all u need.

Or you could go the el cheapo route and get a 1K ohm resistor (I believe) and put it in there which would cost like 5 cents instead of $30. Also mine is not eliminated and hardly ever works....I dont think most of them do, and how many guys who drive these keep them below 2500 anyway? :D

Guest stevil
I thought I heard of people cutting a notch in some plastic or something, to get rid of the skip shift? In any case, it's fairly easy to get rid of, and it may already be disabled by a previous owner. smile.gif