Jeep wont move!

smokin5s

Ok, in my mom's '95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laeredo 4x4 it was having some surging problems at freeway speeds at the begining of the winter...... so she would just drive it around town and when she needed to go somewhere on the freeway, my dad would take her. Well, she let it sit for a few weeks, and now, the car won't move... whether I put it in gear or not, it will just sit there... the engine runs fine, but nothing... I can put the car in nutreul and also disengage the 4x4 and it sits.... I checked the breaks and they are stuck...... so I'm kinda at a loss on what the heck it could be....... the Tranny isn't shot either, cause I can feel it shift when I shift it into each gear. Any thoughts?

jack up the back put it in neutral and turn the driveshaft by hand if the rear tires move the transfer case is done if they don't the ring and or pinon gears are trash I would take it to 4 wheel parts or trails west if the transfer case is messed up if its a rearend you can get one at a junkyard pretty cheap.