think I found my little leak

Science Abuse

Nick and iI pulled the tranny out yesterday, and noticed something abit "of" about the rear tail shaft housing...it actualy was a bit off! I.e. it was separating itself from the transmisssion!

2 bolts were missing and the rest you could turn in over one full turn...by hand. :eek:

That was my assive leak

That was my highway vibration

Now, how the faulk does that hapen? The trany has never been serviced :confused:

Originally posted by The Wind Scar:

Nick and iI pulled the tranny out yesterday, and noticed something abit "of" about the rear tail shaft housing...it actualy was a bit off! I.e. it was separating itself from the transmisssion!

2 bolts were missing and the rest you could turn in over one full turn...by hand. :eek:

That was my assive leak

That was my highway vibration

Now, how the faulk does that hapen? The trany has never been serviced :confused:

Well, didn't the vibration start when you got rear-ended? Maybe the stress from the impact somehow sheared off two of the bolts and the rest vibrated lose from the increased vibration and uneven force now being applied (from other bolts being missing).

Guest Computerguy5

If none of the above, I suppose it could be someone being an asshole and fucking with your car... Didn't some Amy-girl have someone drain her oil from her engine? Eh, it happens.

People can be real assholes...

Originally posted by Computerguy5:

If none of the above, I suppose it could be someone being an asshole and fucking with your car... Didn't some Amy-girl have someone drain her oil from her engine? Eh, it happens.

People can be real assholes...

not these bolts. With the crossmember in place, their inaccessable.

and as much as I'd like to say it did, my driving wouldnt do this. tongue.gif