shutter at low speeds in stang

88lx5oh

ok well at low speeds in mostly any gear, being off the pedal completely, i get a shutter, get pretty harsh at time, and only stops if you get on the gas some, or push in the clutch. this has been goign on since i did the tranny swap, and ill eliminate some things first, i did change the U joints. also when i did the tranny swap i still used the auto drive shaft, i called ford they said i could use it, its a little short but doesnt make any differnce. the only thing i could think of is maybe the rear end is going out, but if it is goignn out it should have been out by now, cause i do long burnouts, and drive it hard all the time. what do you guys think

Originally posted by MoreSpeedingTicketsThanCR:

no clunk changing gears that i really noticed, a little bit of a clunk and low speeds when you hit the gas though... only sometimes

mine does it getting on the gas at low speeds too, it's a bit of an on/off problem. some days the car feels pretty good, other days the car shutters REALLY bad. i dunno, but it honestly sounds like we have the same problem...

oh well, good excuse to do a gear swap... :D;)

Guest 614Streets

Trac Loc worn excessively , possible broken spider gear.

U-joint cap bolts can become loose on the 8.8 when the trac lock is worn and causes the "buck"

Question: Does the car buck in conjuntion with matching engine idle buck when clutch is not pressed in and car is rolling forward without your foot depressing the accelerator?

Originally posted by ZYUL8TR:

Check the bolts that bolt the driveshaft to the pinion they probably loosened up, use a lot of loc-tite. It could also be the input shaft of the tranny.

we used loctite on the driveshaft bolts to connect to the pinion. input shaft could be the problem too. when mine tranny went out, it clunked a lot, the lower the rpm the worse. when it was all said and done, i only had 4th gear left, and no parts were salvagable out of the tranny