1000 HP mustang

recklessOP

just picked up a special tech issue from muscle mustangs and fast fords, and they have an interesting article towards the front of the magazine. it seems vortech has released a new smog legal mustang supercharger kit...

the supercharger included in the kit, their V7 YS trim blower, supposedly flows enough airflow for 1000 HP... :eek:

i'd say the SUPER HIGH OUTPUT tag on the kit seems appropriate. best part is, they say it will bolt right in place of the smaller blowers sold in their entry level mustang kits...

graemlins/bubbrubb.gif

does anyone know if a factory mustang romeo block will take that kind of power? and what would i need to do to keep the heads clamped down?

i don't even want to think about the fuel system requirements... redface.gif

Originally posted by Rotary Mustang:

does anyone know if a factory mustang romeo block will take that kind of power? and what would i need to do to keep the heads clamped down?

i don't even want to think about the fuel system requirements... redface.gif

1. on a GT romeo block .... HELL NO. the block should be fine it's the internals that won't take it.

2. the heads will stay buttoned up fine. Nitrous Pete is putting over 1200rwhp on his 03 cobra engine and the bottom end and heads are untouched.

fuel that's the tricky part, you need a good friend to stand on the hood pouring racegas into the manifold via 5 gal bucket :D

Originally posted by Joel's98GT:

1. on a GT romeo block .... HELL NO. the block should be fine it's the internals that won't take it.

2. the heads will stay buttoned up fine. Nitrous Pete is putting over 1200rwhp on his 03 cobra engine and the bottom end and heads are untouched.

fuel that's the tricky part, you need a good friend to stand on the hood pouring racegas into the manifold via 5 gal bucket :D

That is fucking funny !

what did Nitrous Pete do, add a 500 shot ontop of his 100 or so that he has? I thought he had only dynoed in the 700-800 range. I could be wrong though, I doubt he would have not told the truth infront of everybody at Cecil, never know!

Josh

Originally posted by Joel's98GT:

Fuel that's the tricky part, you need a good friend to stand on the hood pouring racegas into the manifold via 5 gal bucket :D

Worst comparison EVAR.

First of all, nitrous Pete doesn't have 1300rwhp, he has MAYBE 1,000hp AT THE CRANK.

Secondly the cobra block is a different beast then what's in his GT, the iron cobra block has a 6 bolt main for starters (well, 4 bolt mains with cross bolts) not to mention the fact that it comes with forged pistons, rods, and crank from the factory. Not shitty ford forged stuff, but actual after market equipment.

Fuel is NOT the tricky part, that's pretty simple. Big injectors, big lines, big pump, big regulator, and a FAST stand-alone. The tricky part is getting those POS SOHC heads to flow enough to make any power, and keeping the motor together in the process.

Rob

drive through

Originally posted by rl:

The tricky part is getting those POS SOHC heads to flow enough to make any power, and keeping the motor together in the process.

that's what i was thinking. when exactly do the SOHC heads become a real power bottleneck under boost, anyone know?

you mean my powdered metal, cracked cap connecting rods won't handle 1000 HP..? redface.gif

Originally posted by Rotary Mustang:

that's what i was thinking. when exactly do the SOHC heads become a real power bottleneck under boost, anyone know?

you mean my powdered metal, cracked cap connecting rods won't handle 1000 HP..? redface.gif

Unported? 400hp is close to the limit.

Ported? Probably 600+hp

Originally posted by rl:

Worst comparison EVAR.

First of all, nitrous Pete doesn't have 1300rwhp, he has MAYBE 1,000hp AT THE CRANK.

Secondly the cobra block is a different beast then what's in his GT, the iron cobra block has a 6 bolt main for starters (well, 4 bolt mains with cross bolts) not to mention the fact that it comes with forged pistons, rods, and crank from the factory. Not shitty ford forged stuff, but actual after market equipment.

Fuel is NOT the tricky part, that's pretty simple. Big injectors, big lines, big pump, big regulator, and a FAST stand-alone. The tricky part is getting those POS SOHC heads to flow enough to make any power, and keeping the motor together in the process.

Rob

drive through

I miss quoted you are right it's more like 700rwhp, i was thinking 1200 from the pete vs. D'Amore shootout in MM&FF, somehow that number didn't seem right when i typed it either to me, sorry i'm too lazy to proofread.

Secondly, I already said that the internals could not take it, thanks for reiterating that for me. But you are mistaken, every iron block used in GT's has had 6 bolt mains (all GT's are iron block)in fact the only 4.6l block (aluminum or iron)not to have crossbolted mains was in 91-92 Cast NO.F1AE, and it did have cross bolts except in the rear main. wierd, I know.

Hey bro. the fuel system crack was a joke, for some reason visualizing a dude feeding a 1000 hp engine by the way of a 5 gal. bucket on the hood

of a car was amusing too me. sorry.