More (useable) area under the curve?, IC vs N2O

Nate1647545505

Hello All,

Just debating something for a long time now..

I have two options to cool the air from my blower, Nitrous or I/C. I'm limited to a dry kit, since spraying a wet shot on the Teflon coated rotors will cause the epoxy to get all gubadaga. The stock fuel system can only support ~50 shot. That's fine, all I need. So lets start the debate. Werd. Up.

Nitrous:

-not used all the time, this is good for the car's tranny, as it doesn't like lots of torque.

-only will be sprayed after peak of torque curve.

to help prevent it from plunging, also brings in the power post off-the-line, so no traction issues should arise.

-will be properly fueled and safety switched, hardcore. and I do mean, hardcore.

-costly to fill up? never dealt with nitrous before?

$=~380$

I/C

-effective. delta T shows the 1,200$ unit producing ~70-80F drop

-safe, only have to worry about if the pump is working and flowing

-fuel rails need to be extended. ad another 300-400$

-no fill up fee! other than coolant.

-improves the TQ curve immensely, may make off the

line launches a pain, and may kill tranny.

$=1,200+400=1,600$.

So everyone, what’s your thoughts, opinion's etc.

RIGHT NOW, I'm leaning towards N2O, I don't have to play with timing to take advantage of the power, and should get me where I want to be.

Thanks!

water injection after the supercharger.(distilled water and alcholmix) have seen it used many times with great success.use a hobbs switch or a temp switch or a combination of the two for activation . military used it in a few of there turbo prop planes. ie navys p-3, still using it to this day i think.

Guest mudbutt
I have a controller and nozzel that I Payed under $50 for shipped. I will need about $20 more in parts, a tank, and a pump. There is a high volume bosch washer punp that is sufficient for minor water cooling of a 6 cyl. If more is desired, there are agracultural pumps that flow way more than that that you can pick up for less than $200.