Engine Balancing ?

Boost-n-Juice

I had my short block balanced to the new pistons, well the bolts Hays gave me in the Clutch kit were the wrong thread, which stripped the flywheel so I had to buy a new one.

The old flywheel was turned .010, is this going to be a problem? Will it still be in balance with the new flywheel?

Guest COOKIE MONSTER
when the flywheel was resurfaced, there should have been weight added back onto it, look on the backside, there will be holes drilled, weight added or both

Originally posted by ridenred27:

true that taking 0.10 off the old flywheel will not adversly effect the balence but changing the flywheel will. core shift and mfg. tolerences will throw the flywheel balence off

This is rational thinking, but not intirely true. Every flywheel is balanced after it is made, for just those reasons, so you can replace them, or you couldnt even replace stock flywheels on stock engines. Thats why the bolt pattern is layed out to only go on one way. If you have to replace it you have to make sure it is with one of the same balance your engine was balanced with 50, 28 or 0

So to answer the orginal question question you should be fine with the new one, as long as its the same balance as stated above. You can also resurface your flywheel without any adverse affects.