Turbo People.. Please Help recommend turbos.

DTM Brian

A friend of mine who I have not seen in 10 years tracked me down through the dyno and is going to be turbocharging a 350 cubic inch small block chevy. The shortblock will be built with a turbo camshaft and we want to limit engine rpm's to around 6000-6500. It will be carbed. He is wanting to see 700 rwhp through a turbo 350 tranny and 12 bolt rear end. We are not sure what if we are going to do a single or twins. I need to know a single turbo recommended and also a set twins for the information given within in thread. What kind of price am I looking at and is there anyone with a connection on turbos? Money is not an issue here. I will also be needing an intercooler as well. For those that care it is a 84 monte carlo. The car is already setup for drag racing. The owner use to have an 87 GN that was running high 11's back in 87. All info is appreciated.

Guest nevarmore
go to the library and check in the back issues of carcraft or super chevy or chevy hi-perf. theres a guy running around with a twinned impalla, those articles might give you a starting point.

Guest mudbutt
2 t04e .81a/r exhaust p trim wheel .60 a/r compressor with a 60 trim would give you a reasonable spool with a top end between 700-850+ all within reasonable efficiency. this setup could even approch 950whp driven to limit. would be much easier in the long run IMO to convert the motor to efi for both timing and fuel reasons.

Guest Badog

Dude, it's been 20+ years since I ran a V8 into the 11's... but if I was building my dream V8, I would be doing TT, EFI, and air to liquid IC.

If money is no object, then why re-event the wheel? Get the engine with turbos from the people who have done it?

Originally posted by Isolationist Monk:

Lot's of people.

opps typo

how would you do a turbo setup on a carbed engine ? wouldnt the boost pressure force open the the barrel plate on the carb?

[ 10. July 2003, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: Yellow Cav. ]